- Sunday, OCTOBER 03rd 1pm-3pm
**All necessary precautions will take place for this class. Only individuals enrolled may attend.
PLEASE NOTE: if you need to cancel for any reason, we require 3 days notice (to postpone workshop or get store credit) If less than 3 days (72 hours) is given, we cannot offer store credit. (During Covid-19 there will be a full refund if something happens within the city and we cannot teach this class.)
This informative course run by Safe City, runs approximately 2 hours in length and finishes when participants feel confident with their CPR & First aid skills. Although it may be easier to concentrate without your child present, they are always welcome to accompany parents/guardians (not during the pandemic). This workshop also includes a FREE refresher class to anyone wanting to take it a second time within 12 months. (Refreshers must be booked through the store)
$45.00 per person includes:
- Assessment/ABCs - ie Airway, Breathing and Circulation/or CPR
- Choking emergencies and common potential choking hazards for children & infants
- Infant and Child Choking and Breathing Emergencies
- Understanding SIDS, sudden infant death syndrome
- Treating falls - signs & symptoms for head injuries
- Allergic Reactions/Anaphylaxis
- Seizures Fever/Febrile Seizures
- Question/answer first aid session
About the Instructor:
Roberta Scott is a CPR and 1st Aid Instructor with Safe City, a division of Toronto Paramedic Service. She recently retired after a 32 year career as an advanced care paramedic with the City of Toronto and lives in Seaton Village with her 11 year old son Jesse.